Marriage proposals have always been a “thing.” And the way that you and your significant other like it is all up to you guys; whether it’s at your favorite restaurant, where you had your first date, where you first said I love you, or if you want to go BIG and write it across the sky in an airplane!! Everyone has their own preference.
Now, I’m the kind of gal who enjoys little romantic things – not too over the top. Although, I do LOVE surprises, so I probably wouldn’t mind if my proposal is a little out of the ordinary.
I am also realistic. I don’t expect my man to go out and spend a ton of money just to put on some huge showcase of his love for me. And let’s be honest, there’s not too many guys out there who really care about how extravagant it is when they pop the question – most just want it to be memorable and special, which is truly all that matters!
But no matter what you want or what you’re expecting for the engagement of your dreams, I know you’ll remember it forever.
So with that being said, I want to show you three of my all time favorite proposal ideas and WHY!
FOR THE SIMPLE ROMANTIC
This proposal wouldn’t take up too much time or money and could really be so super special. It also makes for some great photos after the proposal! →
All you need is white paper bags, tea lights (real or fake would do the trick) and the necessary lights (and probably an artistic friend) to spell out the important question at the end of the path.
The coolest placement for this would be somewhere ordinary. Somewhere that you both have spent a lot of time or maybe even just in your backyard! Personally, I think that would make the engagement even more special.
FOR THE ENTERTAINER
Now this one is definitely for the more outgoing person to pop the question! And it would also take a decent amount of mula to pull this production off. BUT oh my goodness, it is so darn cute! →
This brings tears to my eyes EVERY TIME. In addition to a couple cameras set up, a van or truck, video editing software, and probably a few hours of PRACTICE – you need some great friends and family who are willing to put on a SHOW (and be filmed while doing it!)
If you’re already an entertainment kind of person, this proposal might be quite easy for you – but if not, you may be thinking, “There is absolutely no way I would ever do that!” And that is totally fine!
Like I said, not everyone has the same extravagant idea for the perfect proposal.
FOR THE SUBTLE LOVER
This idea is for two people who are a little shy, but a lot in love!
If that sounds like you and your significant other, then maybe an at-home proposal is right for you! →
Check out these at-home proposal ideas from The Knot:
- Fill a favorite room in your home with photo memories from your relationship; you can hang them from balloons or cover the walls with them for a jaw-dropping surprise.
- Turn off all the lights in your apartment and make a trail of candles that leads to a circle of votives positioned around the ring.
- Slip the ring on while your soon-to-be fiance is sleeping and then do a romantic morning wake-up call with champagne and strawberries.
- Tie a red velvet ribbon from one spot in your home to another. Attach little notes recalling perfect moments in your relationship along the way. Wait for your partner at the end of the ribbon with the ring in hand.
- Cook a five-star-worthy meal of all your fiance-to-be’s favorite foods, or hire a personal chef for the night. Propose over dessert!
- Have a custom jigsaw puzzle made with your picture and the words “Marry me?” On a rainy day, suggest this activity, and when you’ve finished enough that you can clearly see the photo and read the words, it’s time to propose! (Hint: This works well with Scrabble too and here are more at-home proposal ideas from How He Asked.)
No matter how you do it, I have no doubt that it will be perfect for the relationship you have with the one you love. But another important factor of a proposal of course, is the engagement ring.
One of the most special ways to give her the ring of her dreams is to custom design it for her (and this really is easier than it sounds!).
TIP: Before buying the ring, ask her to create a Pinterest board that only you two can see so you can get an idea of what she likes.
You can then bring these ideas to us so we can bring her dream engagement ring to LIFE!
Give us a “ring” today or stop by the store to talk to us more about how we can help you surprise her during your perfect proposal.